SLU Chamber Small Business & Nonprofit Relief FUND
This fund is intended to help support South Lake Union’s small businesses & nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. While there are multiple grant relief resources becoming available, we have identified gaps that leave some of our neighborhood businesses and nonprofits without relief opportunities. This fund aims to address any funding gaps and support all South Lake Union small businesses & nonprofits. We are currently collecting contributions to the fund with a goal of $250,000.
Help us reach our goal of $250,000
Please donate to Round 2 of our #SLUChamberFund so we can continue to aid our South Lake Union community!
With many large employers not returning to South Lake Union until mid or late 2021, the foot traffic that South Lake Union is used to won't be anywhere near normal. We know that some of the hardest days are still ahead for our businesses and nonprofits. We need your donations now more than ever!
Businesses and individuals! No amount is too small. Help us reach our goal of $250,000.
Join the list of generous donors: 400 Fairview, Amazon, BECU, Google, Kaiser Permanente, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle Children's Research Institute, The Mirabella Seattle Foundation, Vulcan Inc., Umpqua Bank, and many individual donors!
Your contributions make a difference for South Lake Union small businesses & nonprofits! See below some responses we've received. Help us continue making an impact. These are your neighbors & your community; donate now!
"Wow, we cannot express our gratitude enough! While it's nice to have the Chamber in good times
it's truly a blessing during the hard times! We love our SLU neighborhood and are thankful for the community support.
As a founding member of the chamber, never in his [Athletic Awards Owner]
wildest dreams would he have imagined the chamber would be so successful and powerful to give money to needy businesses, it's truly astonishing what you and your team have accomplished!" - Ben & Monty Holmes, Athletic Awards
"I am very grateful for the SLU Chamber’s generosity. This is the first of anything that we [Art Marble 21] have applied for that we have received help. Thank you very much! It means a lot. Thank you again and we look forward to opening back up in the near future." - Danny Pentin, Owner, Art Marble 21
Take a moment to listen to Seattle Sounders FC Goalkeeper and former resident of South Lake Union, Stefan Frei, on why your donation is much needed for the SLU community.
We Still Need Your Donations
Please continue to donate so we can help more #SouthLakeUnion businesses and nonprofits. SLU's largest employers aren't returning to the neighborhood until later this year. This is a huge loss in foot traffic and spending in SLU making your donation that much more important to our businesses, nonprofits, and restaurants!
Congratulations to grant recipients of the #SLUChamberFund! So far we have raised nearly $70,000 for local small businesses & nonprofits. To date we have been able to make awards to 22 recipients who make an impact in #SouthLakeUnion.
415 Westlake, Art Marble 21, Athletic Awards Company, Be Luminous Yoga, Downtown Dog Lounge, Emerald City Music, Evoke Espresso, Evolv Fitness of Seattle, Immanuel Community Services, Khambatta Dance Company, LoFi Seattle, Lunchbox Laboratory Seattle, Meat & Bread, Northwest Marketplaces, Pilates & Physical Therapy Seattle, Salon Voda, South Lake Union Dentist Office, The Center for Wooden Boats, Tutta Bella, Virginia V, WestSide Baby & Yellow Dot Cafe.
- Has fewer than 50 employees or less than $7 million in annual revenue
- Is located in SLU
- Is a SLU Chamber member **If you are not a member and meet the Fund eligibility requirements you may JOIN for 2020 at no cost, enter promo code FREE**
- Businesses/organizations who are most able to provide evidence of decreased revenues
- Businesses/organizations who have not yet received any other means of financial relief
- Businesses/organizations who have demonstrated support of and participation in SLU community activities, initiatives & neighborhood improvements
- Business/organization’s tenure as SLU Chamber members. Here's a list of our current Members
How To Apply & Application FAQ
- Fill out the APPLICATION
- The first round of funding has closed and award decisions will be announced Friday May 1st
- Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis and grants will be offered based on available funds
- You only need to submit your application once and it will remain active throughout the duration of the Fund
- If you receive a grant award and more funding becomes available you may be eligible for additional grant funds; no reapplication is necessary
- Grants will be awarded in amounts ranging from $1,500-$7,500 depending on demonstrated need and availability of funds
“For anyone questioning whether joining is worth the investment, I say YES 10 fold.”
- Anne Lancaster, Lancaster Consulting, LLC