Helping your business grow
Connecting people and organizations in SLU to foster strategic relationships and opportunities.
A destination neighborhood where engaged residents and thriving businesses come together to create a vibrant culture.
To empower for-and-not for profit businesses in SLU to become community leaders and help one another prosper.
- To be relevant and a leader in our industry
- To be welcoming and relatable
- To generate the necessary revenue to fulfill our mission
Say Hello to Our Supporters
The Chamber has over 180 member organizations that represent:
- Tens of thousands of individuals in South Lake Union
- Non-Profit and for profit groups
- Varying skill sets ranging from biotechnology to legal and accounting services, and everywhere in between!
The South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce was officially incorporated with the Secretary of State as a 501 (c)(6) non-profit business association on September 26, 2006.
Original Board Members whose signatures accompanied the Articles of Incorporation:
- Shari Bason, Small Changes Wholesale Distribution
- Jeffrey Behn, US Bank
- Betsy Davis, The Center for Wooden Boats
- Phil Fujii, Vulcan, Inc.
- Monty Holmes, Athletic Awards
- Jimmy LeMert, Patrick's Fly Shop
- Craig Maturi, Trammell Crow Company
- Ryan Murphy, Shamrock Design
- Brian, Petoletti, Schwartz Brothers
- Helen Powell, UW Medicine at South Lake Union
- Nicholas Tensen, Far Fetched Import Furniture
- Jason McKinney, Resident, Organizing Director, Incorporator
In April 2007, we launched our logo and brand. The organization officially merged with members of Chamber predecessor - SLUNET. That same year, the SLU Chamber Board President, Rebecca Partman, Real Time Productions, successfully fought to re-include, "work with neighborhood businesses to support economic development" as a strategy in the updated Neighborhood Plan.
In 2009, thanks to a grant from the City of Seattle's Office of Economic Development, we hosted a series of marketing workshops. Topics covered: Marketing 101, Build Your Audience, Your Print Materials Say a Lot About You, The Web Makeover Show.
In 2010, we produced the first annual South Lake Union Trade Show at 415 Westlake, which was later rebranded as Sample SLU in 2014.