SLU Chamber Members
Are You Already A Member?
All employees of member companies are Members! Check out the List of Current Members to find out if you already have access to our great member benefits!
Contact us for more info on the benefits of becoming a Premium Sponsor!
Be a Member with Multiple Chambers
FREE Seattle Chamber Membership
The SLU Chamber of Commerce is excited to partner with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber in helping to grow small businesses. As part of a special agreement we have with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, we are pleased to offer your small business free reciprocal membership with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber to help increase your presence in Seattle’s broader business community.
As a member of the SLU Chamber you can now access all of the benefits and services provided by the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber. These Include:
- Business development and marketing opportunities. The Seattle Metro Chamber is the single largest business-to-business connector in the metro area. In the last year the alone, the Chamber connected 15,000+ people at more than 300 of its events.
- Visibility for your business with a listing in the Seattle Metro Chamber’s searchable Membership Directory. Accessible online in desktop, tablet or mobile format, this dynamic directory is distributed to thousands of business people who turn to the Chamber for referrals each year.
- Access to employee benefits. Your membership gives you access to a number of cost-saving benefits, including discounts on medical, dental, vision and business owner’s insurance.
- And more! Visit seattlechamber.com/membership for details.
Here’s what you need to know:
Member companies of the SLU Chamber will be give the opportunity to enroll as member companies of the Seattle Metro Chamber at no cost if:
- They have fewer than 15 employees.
- They are a member in good standing with the SLU Chamber.
- They have not been a member of the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber in the past twenty-four (24) months.
Reciprocal membership is available on an annual basis indefinitely, as long as the business continues to meet the above listed criteria.
How to Join:
Simply complete the Seattle Chamber Membership Application (download document below) and return it to the SLU Chamber of Commerce electronically by email or hard copy by mail.
You may return the application to:
Danah Abarr at email@example.com or mail to:
SLU Chamber of Commerce
500 Yale Ave N #100
Seattle, WA 98109
NEW Multi-Chamber Discount!
Is your company located outside of SLU, but interested in becoming part of the SLU Chamber? Companies not based in SLU, with 15 or fewer FTEs, that have not been a member with the SLU Chamber in the last 2 years and are a member in good standing with their local neighborhood chamber can now join the SLU Chamber for 50% off! Join today!
Already a SLU Chamber member? Grow your visibility and client base outside of SLU! If you're a member with the SLU Chamber and have 15 or fewer FTEs, you can now join the Wallingford, Fremont or Queen Anne Chambers for 50% off! In order to be eligible, you must not have been a member with the selected Chamber in the past two years.
SLU Chamber & Grow Seattle
FREE Business Consulting, Workforce Development Assistance, Construction Mitigation, Permitting Assistance, Energy Savings & Business Loan Options
The South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce is a partner with the Seattle Office of Economic Development’s Business Retention and Expansion Program. The mission of the partnership is to provide direct assistance to businesses to help them grow and compete. Benefits under this partnership include:
Business Loan Options
Businesses have access to equity and debt financing products, which are available through non-traditional and non-profit lending institutions to meet their specific financial needs
Businesses that are having a problem going through the standard city process to get assistance from city departments, can contact the South Lake Union Chamber who have direct access to advocates within the Office of Economic Development and other City of Seattle departments to resolve issues
No Cost Business Consulting
Businesses can receive one-on-one business consulting services at no cost to enhance their daily operations which include: assistance with business planning, strategic planning, marketing strategies, customer loyalty programs, cash flow, inventory cycle, budgeting, and much more
Direct business support and navigational help for restaurant and other food business entrepreneurs as they start and operate their businesses in Seattle, including a comprehensive, one-stop online guide with city, county, and state permitting and licensing information, and tools to help restaurateurs more easily navigate the process to starting and growing a restaurant
Businesses can receive assistance with identifying potential employees to fill open positions in their establishments
Businesses can receive assistance in reducing their utility bills through no costs audits that identify potential energy, water, and waste reductions savings. In addition, there is a no cost green business program that helps businesses efficiently address and reduce environmental impacts, and showcase their efforts to the community
Construction Impact Assistance
Businesses can receive assistance to help reduce the impact construction projects have on their ability to conduct business
For more information or assistance with the services being offered through this partnership, please contact Danah Abarr, Executive Director, at (206) 547-2577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
401(k) with SLU Chamber
My Future 401(k) Plan
My Future 401(k) Plan offered by the South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce is a Multiple Employer Plan that enables unaffiliated Employers to adopt and offer a retirement plan, built on a model of aggregated shared services. By leveraging economies of scale, the My Future Plan provides adopting employers with lower costs, a lessened administrative burden, and reduced fiduciary risk.
What Chamber Members have to say about the Plan
“After researching all of the 401(k) options, the SLU Chamber’s plan made the most sense for my growing business."
“It had everything I wanted”
See the full story on our BLOG
WHAT IS A MULTIPLE EMPLOYER PLAN?
An aggregation of a large number of single 401(k) plans with:
• One Contract
• One record keeper & TPA — Future Benefits of America
• One custodian for plan assets - Midatlantic Trust company
• One named plan administrator, ERISA 3(16) — Fiduciary Doctors
• One named full scope fiduciary ERISA 3(21) — Fiduciary Doctors
• One named financial advisor — Integrity Financial Corporation
• One CPA for all plans subject to an audit
• Provides the greatest support to the employer and the participant in the most cost effective manner possible in the market today
• Allows the plan to be serviced by a Professional Plan Administrator with full accountability to the employer, the employee, and the federal regulatory agencies
• Allows professional investment management of all investments in the plan
• Allows greater negotiating power with the record keeper
KEY FEATURES / SERVICES
• Low Cost — Only $500 / year with valid SLU membership
• Flexible Plan Design
• Reduced administrative burden — one TPA
• Annual compliance testing and preparation of IRS form 5500
• Reduced fiduciary liability — one Trustee
• Investment grade investment options, including professionally
• Onsite education and enrollment services from a local investment advisor
• Participant website with online tools, calculators, and investment
FOR 401(k) RETIREMENT INFORMATION
Contact the SLU Chamber at: (206) 547-2577
or, Jason McKinney, Plan Advisor at: (206) 271-9916
or visit: www.myfuture401k.com
Interested in getting other quotes? Check out some of our Members who offer 401(k) solutions:
Why SLU Chamber?
Why become a member of the Chamber?
Any person, association, corporation, or partnership interested in the welfare of the South Lake Union community may apply for membership with the chamber.
- Join one of the largest urban redevelopment projects in the nation
- Drive pedestrian traffic to your business through neighborhood promotion
- Increase your visibility as part of a coordinated marketing campaign
- Use an online membership directory of business and public access
- Enjoy web links to drive members and the public to your website
- Get in on the ground floor in defining and creating a long-term brand for SLU
- Place your announcements in our monthly newsletters and calendars
- Promote your events on the Chamber website
- Feature your logo on the website
- Gain opportunities to sponsor Chamber events such as Happy Hour events, the Summer Social, the Annual Business & Community Awards, and more
- Join a venue where you will meet with public officials and neighborhood leaders
- Work together to create proactive solutions for critical neighborhood challenges
- Help define priorities for the future of South Lake Union
- Promote the arts and cultural richness of South Lake Union
- Support and advocate for SLU nonprofit organizations and community causes
- Attend monthly Chamber happy hour gatherings featured at rotating locations around the neighborhood
- Gain access to business referral and networking events
- Enjoy after-hours social events for additional networking
- Hear about potential cross-promotional opportunities organized by local businesses
- Read regular e-newsletters with up-to-date news about the neighborhood
- Regular communication e-blasts, e-newsletters, alerts and invitations
- A window decal for your business to demonstrate your involvement
Up-to-date information on a myriad of topics including:
- Up-to-date information on Construction
- Zoning Changes
- Urban Mobility Plan
- Environmental Impact
- Green Building
- Proposed Legislation
- Public Safety
- New Businesses
- Mass Transit