SLU Construction & Development
SLU Construction & Development
Broad Street Substation
Seattle City Light is committed to producing and delivering environmentally responsible, safe, low-cost, and reliable power. As part of their commitment, they plan to make system improvements that will increase reliability of their power grid. System improvements are necessary at the Broad Street Substation to meet energy demands of the growing region and reduce the chances of widespread outages. There are two different design options.
Fairview Bridge Replacement
The Fairview Bridge was built more than 65 years ago and needs replacement. Located on the southeast shore of Lake Union near the 1200 block of Fairview Ave N, the bridge is next to the historic Lake Union Steam Plant building.
Each Construction Hub has a dedicated resource who meets regularly with stakeholders, contractors and partner agencies to identify potential right of way conflicts and proactively resolve issues. The Coordinator also addresses emergent concerns, coordinating interagency responses to stakeholder issues in real time.
Find It, Fix It is a smartphone app offering mobile users one more way to report selected issues to the city of Seattle. The app offers the following service request categories:
- Abandoned Vehicles: report vehicles parked in a public right-of-way more than three days
- Graffiti: report graffiti, including what is on it - parking meter, utility pole or building - so it gets automatically routed to the appropriate department for response
- Illegal Dumping: report illegal dumping - junk, garbage or debris - on public property including, roadsides, open streets or paved alleys
- Pothole: report a pothole
- Parking Enforcement: make an inquire regarding a parking concern
- Streetlight Report: report a streetlight outage or damaged streetlight
- Other Inquiry: this miscellaneous category is for making an inquiry or request not listed above, which will be processed by the City's Customer Service Bureau. Mobile users should choose this category to provide feedback.
FREE Business Consulting, Workforce Development Assistance, Construction Mitigation, Permitting Assistance, Energy Savings & Business Loan Options
The South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce is a partner with the Seattle Office of Economic Development's Business Retention and Expansion Program. The mission of this partnership is to provide direct assistance to businesses to help them grow and compete. Learn more on our Member Benefits page!
DENNY SUBSTATION: Stewart Street Traffic Reminder
The Denny Network will be built underground in South Lake Union and Denny Triangle Streets. View Interactive Map.
The Denny Substation meets the functional need of supporting and serving the expansion and growth of the area and the aspirational goal of being a community asset. The unique design includes public benefits that will encourage a safe and active pedestrian environment. Learn more by clicking the image below!
Seattle City Light is working to increase the reliability of the electrical system in the South Lake Union neighborhood by excavating for new electrical vaults and a conduit (duct bank). This work will be done in four stages. Learn more about the project by clicking the image below.
Stage 3 (June 2017 - July 2017): On Harrison Street, crews will work between 8th and 9th avenues north, Harrison Street will be closed down during work hours. Traffic will be detoured.
For more information, contact Kristy Tibbetts 206.684.3043
Parklet Program & Streatery Pilot Program
Property & Building Activity
Property & Building Activity in SLU - Click on Map for more Details
Green = Construction & Land Use Permits
Blue = Registered Residential Rental Properties (RRIO)